TUC Hiring Temporary Staff
Trout Unlimited Canada is hiring temporary staff to assist with the 2012 Fish Rescue, an intensive effort to salvage entrained fish in various irrigation canals throughout southern Alberta.
Employment will start in late September and finish in late October. Workdays may include weekends and holidays.
Job Title: Fisheries Technician
Job Location: Calgary and area
Employment Type: Temporary
Work Experience: 2 years
Education Requirements: College/University
Field of Study:
-Biology, environmental science, fish and wildlife, or other related discipline
- electrofishing certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word programs
- experience working with volunteers
- valid driverís license
- preference will be given to candidates proficient in fish identification and with extensive field experience
- assist with fish collection (primarily electrofishing, dip-netting, seining) and processing
- volunteer co-ordination and supervision
- data entry and analysis
- report preparation
Trout Unlimited Canada is a national, not-for-profit conservation organization whose mission is to conserve, protect and restore Canadaís freshwater ecosystems and their coldwater resources for current and future generations.
For additional information about this project or to download the 2011 Fish Rescue report, please click here.
To apply please contact Brian Meagher via email .
Closing Date: Friday, September 7, 2012
Back to News Items