Trout Unlimited Canada Chapters
Alberta Chapters | BC Chapters | Northwest Territories | Nova Scotia | Ontario Chapters | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan
What is a Trout Unlimited Canada Chapter?
A Chapter is an organised group of TUC members who volunteer to do approved work in their local area on behalf of TUC.
Some Chapters choose to do approved habitat enhancement work. These habitat projects are developed with the help of Trout Unlimited Canada's professional staff and in cooperation with appropriate regulatory authorities.
Some Chapters help raise money for the organization by forming a fundraising auction committee with a goal of holding of a fundraising event to raise the funds needed for local or national programs. Trout Unlimited Canada has a dinner support program to help groups hold a successful event. These events are critical to Trout Unlimited Canada's development as they provide the dollars and the members that permit the organization to continue to expand its base of activities. These events also provide an increased profile to Trout Unlimited Canada in the communities in which they are held.
The services provided by Trout Unlimited Canada include:
- The provision of services such as maintaining a membership list, issuing tax receipts, member cards, member decals, renewal notices, etc.
- Provision of our “Currents” newsletter which presently goes out four times a year as an insert to Fly Fusion magazine.
- Support from Trout Unlimited Canada's professional staff (to the degree possible) in developing local conservation initiatives;
- Staff and merchandise support for fundraising assistance and for dinner/auction events as well as a selection of merchandise to help with your fundraising to offset chapter operating costs;
- Liability insurance coverage for approved volunteer activities; and
- Access to programming that TUC makes available to its chapters
Finally, the chapter also gets the satisfaction of becoming part of a volunteer based, staff backed organization dedicated to the conservation, protection and restoration of Canada's freshwater ecosystems and their coldwater fisheries resources through a pro-active, broadly based program of action supported by anglers, corporations, landowners and governments. Chapter members can feel proud not only of what they accomplish on their “home waters” but also take pride in the achievements of their TUC colleagues across the country.
If you are interested in forming a Trout Unlimited Canada Chapter, please contact our national office toll free at 1-800-909-6040 or by email at email@example.com and request a new Chapter package.